Heavy snow





The first two days of March saw extremely unusual amounts of snow for Holland. It had snowed almost every day for a month - but only the slightest, gentlest flurries. Then on the 1st March, I got up for work to find a foot of snow outside. I managed to cycle (!) to the station, although that felt like it just about killed me :-) As the train left Alkmaar, I saw less and less snow, until by the time we got to Amsterdam, the ground was dry! Apparently, it had just been an exceptionally localised blizzard in the night. My colleagues at work thought I was exaggerating, until Esther mailed the two pictures of the girls here through to me.
The next evening and night, more snow came - this time across the whole country. The next morning, I walked to the station, through snow nearly two foot deep now, and still the snow kept falling. In the end, I left work early, worried that I might not be able to get home anymore, and managed to find time to play in the snow with the kids.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home